For Erasmus students / EVS volunteers
NB The continuation of the programme will be communicated during January 2017. CIMO is going to merge with the National Board of
Education on January 2017 and no further funding has been yet
approved. For more information and inquires please contact the project coordinator email@example.com
We thank you all for your participation in the project in these six years and wish you a great 2017!
About the project
- improve intercultural communication
- introduce the European and international dimension into education by making students more aware of similarities and differences in Europe and the World
- familiarize Erasmus, international students and EVS volunteers with the Finnish culture and schooling system - add meaning to the multicultural experience of the Erasmus and international students
- give Erasmus, international students and EVS volunteers a chance to present their home country - give Finnish students a chance to get to know other countries from a personal perspective
- increase Finnish students knowledge on EU's and other exchange programs
- encourage Finnish students to study and work abroad
The Erasmus in Schools project gives a chance to visit Finnish comprehensive schools (grades 1-9) and upper secondary schools (high schools/vocational schools). School visitors can work as teacher's helper, carry out a project with the class, give a lecture on a certain topic etc.- depending on what the student and, on the other hand, the teacher/school wants. And in addition to language lessons school visits can be carried out in other classes too - in subjects such as history, geography, sports, arts, cooking, biology, religion and student counselling classes. Virtually with everything that has something to do with school life! Erasmus students can also take part in a theme day organised by the local school.
Students and volunteers will be able to express their wishes and tell about their special skills when they sign up for the program. The actual planning and implementation of the visit will be agreed between the visitor and the teacher/school. Every student and volunteer would participate in at least 2-3 classes once signed up for the program.