- Tämä tapahtuma on mennyt.
Future of Europe: Legacy of Finland’s Presidency of the Council of the EU
7 marraskuun, 2019 @ 3:30 pm - 10:00 pm
Future of Europe: Legacy of Finland’s Presidency of the Council of the EU brings together esteemed speakers and politicians from Finland and Europe to discuss the legacy of the Finnish EU-Presidency. The event will be held in the Helsinki Music Centre Restaurant & Club on Thursday 7.11.2019.
European Movement Finland invites you to join the discussion and participate in our main event of the Autumn together with speakers such as Minister for European Affairs Tytti Tuppurainen and Croatian Ambassador Josip Buljevic.
The seminar is part of the EU2019FI-programme and will be streamed live through Uusi Suomi -media. We are happy to announce that the Brussels Correspondent of Kauppalehti, Ms. Soili Semkina, will host the seminar.
You can download the program and speaker biography here.
Please note that the seminar is full. You can sign up to the waiting list via firstname.lastname@example.org
The seminar is part of the EU2019FI-programme and European Movement Finland’s EU-Presidency -series. It is executed with the support of the Foreign Ministry and the European Parliament Liaison Office in Helsinki. Please, check also the website together.eu and join the cause!
The official hashtags of the event are #VaadiFaktat #FutureOfEurope #EU2019FI
15:30-16:00 | Registration
16:00-17:30 | Future of Europe: Fight for our Rights and Values
Welcome words by MP. Jouni Ovaska, President of the European Movement Finland.
Keynote speech by MEP Brando Benifei, Vice President of the European Movement International
– Ms. Anna Widegren, Secretary General, European Youth Forum
– Mr. Jouni Nissinen, President, European Environmental Bureau
– Ms. Liina Carr, Confederal Secretary, the European Trade Union Congress
– Ms. Maria Heider, Director Public Policy Europe, METRO AG
17:30-18:15 | Future of Europe: The Trio Programme
Keynote speech by Minister for European Affairs, Ms. Tytti Tuppurainen and Ambassador of the Republic of Croatia in Finland, Mr. Josip Buljevic.
18:15-19:15 | Future of Europe: The New European Parliament
Keynote speech: Benefits and Costs of EU Membership – Case Finland
Mr. Markus Penttinen, Akava’s Chief of International Affairs
– Ms. Sirpa Pietikäinen, Member of the European Parliament (EPP)
– Mr. Ville Niinistö, Member of the European Parliament (EGP)
– Mr. Brando Benifei, Member of the European Parliament (S&D)
– Mr. Jouni Ovaska, MP, President of European Movement Finland
19:30-22:00 | Reception
Networking session with buffet dinner and wine.