Future of Europe: Legacy of the Finnish EU-Presidency
marraskuu 7 @ 3:30 pm - 10:00 pm
The Future of Europe: Legacy of the Finnish EU-Presidency -seminar brings together esteemed speakers and politicians from Finland and Europe to discuss the legacy of the Finnish EU-Presidency. The event will be held in the Helsinki Music Centre Restaurant & Club on Thursday 7.11.2019.
European Movement Finland invites you to join the discussion and participate in our main event of the Autumn together with speakers such as Minister for European Affairs Tytti Tuppurainen and Croatian Ambassador Josip Blujevic.
The seminar is part of the EU2019FI-programme and will be streamed live through Uusi Suomi -media. We are happy to announce that the Brussels Correspondent of Kauppalehti, Ms. Soili Semkina, will host the seminar.
Please note that advance registering is necessary due to limited space. Register here latest 30.10.2019.
The seminar is part of the EU2019FI-programme and European Movement Finland’s EU-Presidency -series. It is executed with the support of the Foreign Ministry and the European Parliament Liaison Office in Helsinki. Please, check also the website together.eu and join the cause!
The official hashtags of the event are #VaadiFaktat #FutureOfEurope #EU2019FI
15:30-16:00 | Registration
16:00-17:30 | Future of Europe: Fight for our Rights and Values
Welcome words by MP. Jouni Ovaska, President of the European Movement Finland.
– Valencia Ronzitti, Secretary General of the European Centre of Employers and Enterprises
– Luca Visentini, Secretary General of the European Trade Union Confederation
– Anna Widegren, Secretary General of the European Youth Forum
– Jeremy Wates, Secretary General of the European Environmental Bureau (TBC)
17:30-18:15 | Future of Europe: The Trio Programme
Keynote speech by Minister for European Affairs, Ms. Tytti Tuppurainen and Ambassador of the Republic of Croatia in Finland, Mr. Josip Blujevic.
18:15-19:30 | Future of Europe: The New European Parliament
– Sirpa Pietikäinen, Member of the European Parliament (EPP)
– Ville Niinistö, Member of the European Parliament (EGP)
– Jouni Ovaska, MP, President of European Movement Finland
– Petros Fassoulas, Secretary General of the European Movement International
19:30-22:00 | Reception
Cocktails and networking.